- nigita: Comment on willshetterly’s “parallel lives: a different race, a different class” – …you can’t really change *only* your race. The odds are *much* greater that, if you were black, you would also have been poor. Even if you weren’t…, I think it is very difficult to factor how being black might change your perception of yourself. – race. privilege. auth.nigita.
- mireille719: In with a Chance (Doctor Who, Nine/Jack, FRT) – “My shoulder is bleeding,” Jack pointed out, “not my ankle. I’d like to offer you a practical demonstration of human anatomy, but…” He paused. “No, that’s all; no ‘but.’ Though this isn’t the venue I’d had in mind.” – doctor_who. fanfic. auth.mireille719. pre-slash. jack_harkness.doctor. ninth_doctor. hurt-comfort. rec.all_fanfic.
- trascendenza: [Meta] Example tiered tagging structures for all-inclusive television fandom & fanwork communities – – meta.any_fandom. tagging. auth.trascendenza.
- brynnmck: They say that you believe in people. – I love how he’s had such a lonely life but he keeps reaching out anyway, even though he doesn’t really know how, and that he’s got this beautiful sense of calm and peace about him, deep down, that almost nothing touches. – due_south. meta.any_fandom. meta.character. auth.brynnmck. via:nos4a2no9. benton_fraser.
- Gearing Up for TOC 2008 | Medialoper – Tools of Change for Publishing…an O?Reilly Media sponsored event…to help…book publishing ease gently into the 21st century. It?s the place to be if you have any interest…in the future of publishing…will likely have a substantial impact… – o’reilly. publishing.
(Update via Postalicious.)