Backlogged recs are backlogged.
- winterhill – Owned – Michael Fassbender with Pugs (Tumblr) [Archive of Our Own]:
It was quite unusual, really, that Pugsley had made a Tumblr in the first place. What came after that was just downright weird.
- Nameless – C. Elisa – November 17, 2003:
She was supposed to have another name but no one gave it to her yet.
[The grammar there looks a bit odd, but it’s correct in context. -L]
- gyzym: avengers fic: ready, fire, aim (steve/tony, nc-17) [1/3]:
It turns out that, while Steve doesn’t like Tony, Captain America gets on great with Iron Man. Tony should probably have seen that one coming; one of the problems with having a second identity, regardless of said identity’s utter lack of secrecy, is that it makes it easy for people to draw a dividing line. Nick Fury had done it–“Iron Man yes, Tony Stark not recommended,” god, that was never going to stop rubbing him the wrong way–and Steve is clearly, visibly, doing it too. Never mind that all the good Iron Man does is because Tony is, you know, running the show; Iron Man gets smiles and camaraderie and “Nice work, buddy,” and Tony gets flat looks and carefully maintained distance.
Which is fine, really. Two can absolutely play at that game.
- flambeau: SGA: Over the hills and far away:
[A subtle and disturbing take on the “Shep is a fairy” concept. -L]
- trinityofone: X by trinityofone (Superpower Challenge):
“You know why they’re sending you.”
Elizabeth nodded. “Of course. It’s an exploratory mission—”
“No.” The coin spun in General O’Neill’s hand, beside General O’Neill’s hand. “You know why they’re sending you.”
Elizabeth took a breath. She longed to reach out and—but no. She’d been warned; General O’Neill would not, did not react favorably to that.
- mad_maudlin: SGA: The Surly Bonds of Earth (PG-13):
In the fourth month, John put the Plan into action. He would not actually call it a whisper campaign or a secessionist plot, because while he thought of it as “the Plan” the first steps were really just long conversations and rambling emails with questions like “Wouldn’t it be great if…?” or “You know, I kinda miss…”
- cherryfeather – Diamagnetism – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
Alex looked extremely dubious. “Erik, are you sure about this?”
Author’s Summary: Erik discovers a new power during a training accident.
- introductory: fic: x-men: first class – “body next to another”:
It occurs to Erik in the middle of negotiating Charles’s daily sleeping schedule that this wasn’t remotely what he had expected when Charles first leaned in and kissed him.
It occurs to him, too, that, despite everything, this works for him.
- aestheticized: (fic) narcissus // raven/charles, raven/various:
raven/charles, raven/erik, raven/azazel, raven/angel, raven/destiny | r | 2860 words
[sex, vague allusion to intolerance (homophobia/sexism), non-main character death, sort-of incest]
Raven doesn’t have a type, but she knows how to be one. Or: Raven is pansexual, polyamorous, genderfluid, and blue. It’s difficult.
- Cesare – What The Knife Wants – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
Author’s Summary: Erik and Charles each keep one thing secret from the other.
- smilebackwards: Shared Custody [X-Men: First Class fic]:
“Are those from Charles?” Raven asks, when Azazel sets several boxes of tupperware down on the counter of the hotel suite they’re all currently living out of.
Azazel barely has time to nod before she’s ripped open the closest box and inhaled three of the chocolate chip cookies from the batch Charles sent back with him after what was quickly becoming a traditional weekly philosophy discussion at the Xavier mansion.
“I baked far too many,” Charles had said, waving off Azazel’s protests airily before his hand drooped depressively and he’d added, “I keep forgetting to halve the recipe now that there’s fewer of us in the house.” He’d smiled bravely and boxed up another dozen.
As Azazel had been turning to leave, Charles had made a faint, embarrassed throat clearing noise and said, softly, “Do make sure there are a few left for Erik. If he wants them.”
Erik is going to eat at least one of the cookies if Azazel has to shove it down his throat.
- stewardess – A Cure Through Love – A Dangerous Method (2011), The Last Station (2009), X-Men: First Class (2011) RPF [Archive of Our Own]:
Case Notes of Carl Jung
Valentin weighs on my mind. During our session yesterday, the boy became distraught and broke down in tears. I’ve had him moved from the hospital to more homelike accommodations a short distance away. His trip to Zurich is his first outside his country; I believe he suffers from loneliness.
Loneliness, however, was not the reason for his collapse: Valentin has formed the belief I intend to stop him from being an adherent of Tolstoy by tearing down his idol.
- Signe (oxoniensis) – A Better Story – X-Men: First Class (2011), X-Men (Movies), Marvel (Movies) [Archive of Our Own]:
Author’s Summary: Sometimes happy endings aren’t all they’re cracked up to be.
- igrockspock – No One’s Bait – Sherlock (TV) [Archive of Our Own]:
Moriarty takes Anthea hostage, and it doesn’t go as planned.
- NancyBrown – Digita1 Gir1 – Torchwood [Archive of Our Own]:
Author’s Summary: AU. Lisa is human. Mostly.
- Dira Sudis (dsudis) – And All Its Clear Relations – Vorkosigan Saga – Lois McMaster Bujold, Doctor Who [Archive of Our Own]:
“Aral,” Simon said, “Your personal security is–”
“I know what the blue box is, Simon.” It was stretching, but Aral knew he was going to have to push hard to keep Simon from doing things for Aral’s own good. “It doesn’t constitute a threat, except perhaps to my honor, if I forswear myself by being rude to the man it belongs to.”
Author’s Summary: In which the Doctor takes Amy on a holiday to Barrayar and hardly anything goes wrong at all.
- toestastegood – Urban Legend – X-Men: First Class (2011), X-Men (Movies) [Archive of Our Own]:
For all that he claims not to believe in superstitions, there is not a single mirror in Charles’s apartment. He keeps anything with a reflection out of the flat, and fixes his hair by touch instead of sight. Raven says it’s possible to tell just by looking at him that he doesn’t own a mirror. “No one would go out dressed like that consciously,” she says – but her eyes are soft even as she teases him.
Sometimes, when he catches sight of himself in the reflection of a clean window or a still pond, there is an extra shadow behind him.
- Croik – So Really, Only One Thing’s Changed – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
Author’s Summary: Post-movie: Charles struggles in the aftermath. Warnings for ableism.
- cygnaut – Blessed is the Match Consumed – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
“This isn’t a concentration camp,” Delta says, calm, like he’s been rehearsing it. Erik looks at the gun on his hip, the guards behind him in the corridor, the bars between them.
He smiles with a lot of teeth. “I think I’d know that better than you.”
[Erik is stuck in a cell with li’l Jean and li’l Ororo.]
- listerinezero – Big Gay Mutant Miracle Baby – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
“I only found out yesterday,” Charles lied – for world peace, not because he wanted Erik to get him a ginger ale.
- Yahtzee – The Attempt – Chapter 1 – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
[Charles is straight, but for Erik he’s willing to try. It works for a while.]
- st_aurafina – The Persistence of Memory – X-Men: First Class (2011), X-Men (Comicverse) [Archive of Our Own]:
Author’s Summary: After Cuba, Moira is left with no memories and a career in tatters. She should know better than to engage with another telepath, but the opportunity to reclaim her life is too great a temptation.
“‘Spying is better with telepathy,’ you said.” Moira kept one eye on the single headlight of the motorcycle as it darted between cars behind them. “‘I’ll just read his mind,’ you said.”
There was a crack – gunshot! The rear window shattered and Emma shimmered into diamond form. “What can I say? You’re the spy here, you’re the one with all the espionage skills. I’m just the one with the handy conjuring trick.”
[Plot and awesomesauce. -L]
- NancyBrown – Tuesday’s Dead – Torchwood [Archive of Our Own]:
Author’s Summary: Cutting a möbius strip is harder than it looks.
[Groundhog Day, but not from the pov of the person who’s trapped in the loop.]
- Etirabys – A Deeper Season – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
Author’s Summary: (nonmutant AU) Charles Xavier- rich, introverted, and academic- begins his senior year of high school in 1962. Erik Lehnsherr, despite his own efforts, is the first person to properly reach out to him. Both are astonished to find a human being on the other side.
- thehoyden – X Marks the Spot – X-Men: First Class (2011), Indiana Jones Series [Archive of Our Own]:
Truthfully, Charles liked it better when the lecture hall was mostly full of students who were half-asleep. Teaching was easier without all of those feelings battering him while he was trying very earnestly to convey his excitement over lithographic surveys.
[Plotty Indiana Jones fusion. -L]