- Journal 5 – xkcd – A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language – By Randall Munroe – “We understand each other. I can’t let that slip away–” – comics.
- io9 – Pontypool: Don’t Speak English, Or The Language Virus Will Get You – A new horror movie says …the English language is an infectious disease. Canadian filmmaker Bruce McDonald…stopped by the 680 News Radio Station in Toronto to do research for his new horror movie…set mostly in a radio station in Pontypool, Wales. – movies.
- io9 – Mad Medicine: Synthetic Replacement Veins Will Make You a Cardiovascular Cyborg – We have the technology. The next time someone you know gets a coronary bypass, they might come out of the operation as a cyborg. In fact, there is a new field of biotech whose practitioners are calling themselves cyborg engineers. – science.
- io9 – Brains: People Whose Memories Improve with Age – There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence that so-called memory exercises can actually improve intelligence. And at last, scientists are studying this claim empirically… – science.
- io9 – Drunken Pitch Master: Finding Glory – Lots of carriage chasing and horse-back riding ensue. Including one robot that just turns into a centaur and chases her through most of Georgia and starts a big fire. – none
(Update via Postalicious.)