- 20 Questions Or Over – a_q – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:â€œWe could use metal,â€ Moira suggested and the paper barrier dropped and Moira had Erik’s full attention.
- Three Conversations, a Silence and an Epilogue – sabrina_il (marina) – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:She still finds herself startled, sometimes, when aspects of her abilities that would incite panic in normal people manage to amuse or delight Erik. She doesn’t know how she lived all those years with Charles avoiding her body, her eyes, looking at surfaces they both pretended were her own.
- kindkit: FIC: “Self Defense” (XMFC, Darwin):They’re a little past Philadelphia when one of the white guys who’ve pretty much hijacked his cab–it’s Charles, the English one, the one who talks, not the one with the watchful eyes and the crazy smile–says, “You’ve got an extraordinary gift. Surely you’re not going to waste it driving a taxi all your life?”
- Synthesis (Scenes from an AU) – starlady – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:Charles Xavier is the best and worst thing that ever happened to Erik Lehnsherr; he’s made Erik happier than he ever imagined he could be and driven him to the depths of true despair, and the exact opposite is also true. Erik would change almost nothing if he could, because regrets are a weak point and he wants as few of them as possible, but he’s not so self-deluded as to think that things couldn’t have gone a dozen different, more painful and more militant ways, that he hasn’t changed Charles as much as he’s been changed by him. He doubts that Jean Grey and Scott Summers are even capable of fully understanding his and Charles’ relationship, much less emulating it, but he wouldn’t wish either on them all the same.
- Torchwood: Miracle Day â€“ Finally Getting to America Â« Letters from Titan:…my weird show about dysfunctional people trying to save the world with not enough resources while distracted by interpersonal dramarama is back. Itâ€™s even in America; one I recognize, finally, because my family came through Ellis Island too and sometimes uses some pretty terrible words.
- zombieboyband: Untitled:It isn’t the first time he’s been in this position, and it isn’t even his first time with Erik. It’s never been the other way around, but here’s the thing about Charles: he’s willing to take one for the team.
- hey_legousa: Magneto: Gangster Rapper:So most of this stems from my pet interest in the formation of masculine identities within oppressed communities. Also Iâ€™ve been mulling over the many and different ways the X-Men universe multiverse would be different if it didnâ€™t just pay lip-service to progressivism and Did The Research(TM) so that the text could intelligently engage in dialogue with the real-life histories and social movements that itâ€™s supposed to be emulating and honoring.
Anyway, the Brotherhood. Itâ€™s great! And itâ€™s such an awesome way to talk about intersectionality. It puts me in the mind of nationalistic phrases like the French motto â€œlibertÃ©, Ã©galitÃ©, fraternitÃ©â€.
- PragmaticHominid: Just Like Him – X-Men: First Class (2011), X-Men (Movies) [Archive of Our Own]:Erik would learn very quickly that there was no course of action he could take that would not be seen as an invitation to the human-run media to compare him to that vile little Austrian with the absurd facial-hair. It was like a compulsion with them. They could think within no other framework.
[This builds on the icky implications of X2.]
- smilebackwards: Humane Society [X-men: First Class fic]:Fuck it, Erik thinks, Maybe he’ll feed me. […]
Erik finds this whole situation rather shaming and would like to go back to being a mutant rights activist in a world that mostly doesn’t yet know mutants exist. He doesn’t care how blue Charles’ eyes are or how good the Gravy Loversâ„¢ Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Feast In SautÃ©ed Seafood Flavor Gravy smells.
[In which Erik gets turned into a kitten and is adopted by an entirely human Charles.]