- beccaelizabeth: Torchwood audio: House of the Dead:
See, I thought I was done with them, I thought I wasn’t into the story, I thought there wasn’t much left to say.
Then I realised […]
… if we’re very very lucky that was an intentional message.
- arefadedaway: Vid: Rolling in the Deep (X-Men Movie Series, Charles/Erik):
[Spoilers for all the movies except Wolverine.
I AM SLAIN. To start with, I thought the song choice was totally wrong, but by the end of the first minute I’m coming unglued, and by the end, I’m almost crying. -L]
- manic_intent : Any Measure of Peace – Marvel (Movies), X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
[You’d think an AU premise and a light-hearted prompt would lead to fluff, crack, and/or porn, but this is a plotty, thoughtful departure. -L]
- Anthem for Doomed Youth – Fahye – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
Incredible powers developed purely for the game of it, the science of it. […]
Later Raven will decide on that moment as the one when the CIA lost all chance they might have had of controlling Charles Xavier.
Erik isn’t the sort of person one can plan for. […]
If Charles had found Erik as a child — he wouldn’t be Erik, would he?
He wouldn’t be this bullet of a man whistling lonely and deadly through the clear air of his life. He wouldn’t have that strength and that charcoal humour and that inexorable determination to never, ever have to hide the fundamental truth of himself from the world.
[This story retells XMFC from Mystique’s point of view. It’s insightful and awesome about her, too, I just couldn’t pick a short quote to illustrate that.
I think it healed my soul, people. -L.]
- soundslikej: center of balance (xmfc):
five mutants Charles Xavier never met at age 12, and one he did
- ans99: Can We Stop? (X-Men: The Last Stand) – YouTube:
[Dark Phoenix. Darkly gorgeous. This is hypnotic and amazing. -L]
- vito_excalibur: ah, romance:
I am totally willing to suspend my disbelief to get into a story; but getting me to suspend my sense of humor, dear authors, is a much more difficult job.
31 Jul: review