- glvalentine: Ten Things You Should Know about “X-Men: First Class”:
This means that when they finally meet up, you have an emotionally crippled war-vet commando and the total dink who’s trying to teach him life lessons. Good luck making that plot work out for you!
[Actually, it worked for me. That was precisely what I liked about it. -L]
05 Sep: none
- Recoil and Grace – Effex – The Sandman, DCU – Comicverse [Archive of Our Own]:
“Child, I have no knack for storytelling.”
- effex: Hey, Inception Fandom. Let’s talk about Yusuf for a minute. – 23 Sep 2010
05 Sep: none
- verasteine: Thoughts: Our Accidental Utopia? (or why vidding makes me gleeful) – 29 Jul 2011:
The sexism and misogyny widely displayed in slash fanfic is a disturbing but familiar phenomenon, assigning gender roles and creating gender dichotomy in places where canon doesn’t, or wouldn’t (if it were inclined the way of slash.) Then I wandered into my latest fandom, poked at some vids, and had fun.
Until I backed up, watched one vid again, and thought, “Hang on.” I’m not new to the fluid way that fanvids treat gender…
05 Sep: meta.any_fandom
- and_backagain: Fic: Try, Try Again:
He can war against fate all he likes, but one thing never changes: he and Charles always say their goodbyes on this beach.
- kangeiko: Fandom pimp! – 16 Nov 2010 – Seafort Saga (aka the Hope series) by David Feintuch:
You guys, it has come to my attention that no one has yet signed up to write for the Seafort saga. UNACCEPTABLE, not least because it’s one of my requests! I have realised that this is because no one has heard of it, so allow me to bring some sweet, unadulterated joy into your lives and tell you all about the brave Nick Seafort and his many ill-fated voyages.
05 Sep: none
- waketosleep: This Is the First Day of My Life – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
[Charles has amnesia, like ‘Memento’.]
Perhaps he can get ready for bed before he forgets what he was doing. Perhaps he should give into what is probably inevitable and write himself a checklist to follow. Perhaps he’s already done that and left it somewhere.
As he brushes his teeth, he wonders when Erik is going to come upstairs.
- fandom_grammar: Feature: Presentation and readability for LJ and beyond:
a few tips and tricks that you can use to make your fic as reader friendly as possible.04 Sep: none
- fanart: â€œI preferâ€¦ Dragneto, bitch.â€:
- threeturn: Fic: Rhapsody in Blue (1/2):
“Easy for you to say, look at you.” Raven waved generally in the direction of his face. “Handsome. You blend right in.”
“Blending doesn’t help, Raven,” said Erik. “They find you anyway.”
[So. Bodyswap and humor, but not crack. When I see a story with this title, I always want it to be awesome and smart and awesome. This is. -L]
- 1stclass_kink: Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge:
The first day could easily be summarised with â€œIâ€™m really not sure about this, Professorâ€ and â€œI have complete and utter faith in you Hank, and in this new Cerebro you have cobbled together with duct tape and paper clipsâ€ and â€œNo, Erik, donâ€™t touch him when heâ€™s wired in!â€ and â€œaaaaaaaaarghâ€.
Then Erik was suddenly rather short, ambiguously British, and had a killer migraine. And possibly an aquamarine sister. He took three painkillers, went to bed hoping it was all a dream, and woke up to a day that would not be so easily summarised. […]
â€œLook Erik! I can bend spoons! With my mind!â€
- littledust_fic: (X-Men, Charles/Erik) How Deep the Bullet Lies:
Erik has stopped the car on the edge of a field and is setting out blankets with neat, efficient movements. Charles opens his mouth to ask why he didn’t stop earlier, because surely they must have passed a town or even a farm house, but the question dies as he realizes with dull horror that it simply never occurred to Erik to seek shelter. He is not surprised when Erik removes a few packets of crackers from the inside of his jacket, but he does ache for the boy who knew hunger, and for the man who does not know satiation.
- tawabids: The Mad Shipper’s Tea Party:
[Short, brutal, and awesomesauce: Shaw abducts Erik.]
- some_stars: oh the Holocaust, will you never cease to stir controversy?:
Fandom will not cease to thrive if people do research; fans can and do put in that effort when it seems important to them. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Read a book. Thank you.