- zamwessell: The One About The Turtleneck (1/5):
“Not very subtle, Charles.” Raven said, walking over to the table and sitting down. “Next time how about you re-monogram all the bath towels while you’re at it?”
“Why would he re-monogram the bath towels?” Hank asked.
- entanglednow: Any Day Now – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
There’s something to be said, occasionally, for letting other people laugh at your mistakes.
- zelempa: Inception – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
“You’re trying to plant happy memories on me.”
Charles shakes his head. “I told you, I’m not doing anything to your head.”
“No, you’re doing it the old-fashioned way.”
Charles lowers his eyes to his Chardonnay. Has he been that obvious?
- SharpestRose: Marked – Inglourious Basterds (2009), X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
“I heard that Utivich was a hero in the war. One of the godamned Bastards, if you can believe it,” one of them says to Erik one day, when the head of the shipping and exports department makes a visit to the mailroom. “People say the reason he’s in this line of work is so he’s got an excuse to go overseas. He’s still hunting them down. You know. Nazis. Part of a special taskforce.”
“Really?” Erik asks, keeping his voice cool and disinterested, as if idle gossip means almost nothing to him.
[My only complaint is that I want more. -L]
- kaydeefalls: how the west was won:
When the others all joked around about code names — seriously, Havok? — she told them her stage name was Angel. That was true. She didn’t mention that it was also the name her mother gave her at birth. Angel has never been anyone but herself.
- apiphile: Et in Arcadia ego:
Erik walks the corridors rather like a disgruntled ghost; it is late, and the demarcation of where their tiny private army of mutants should be and where they shouldn’t be is clear by which parts of the house are illuminated and which in darkness. Erik gravitates toward the shadows like rocks toward the earth…
- kaydeefalls: A Hundred Visions and Revisions – X-Men: First Class (2011), Doctor Who (2005), Avengers (Comic) [Archive of Our Own]:
[The one with Canton Delaware and Sam Wilson.]
- labingi: Reinvention – X-Men: First Class (2011), X-Men (Movies) [Archive of Our Own]:
When he looked at Moira, he wanted his body back.
- labingi: Scenes from a Love Affair – X-Men: First Class (2011), X-Men (Movies) [Archive of Our Own]:
From the first, Erik had understood that with Charles he was safe. Having begun their acquaintance with nothing hidden, he had nothing to hide.
[Beautifully understated. -L]
- AlchemyAlice: Intervention – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
Erik broods at the window as the sun sets on South America, and Emma is utterly bored with him.
[Crack premise, beautifully angsty execution. -L]
- ohmydarlingdear: fic: When two people become one (is it real now?):
Erik isn’t sure why this ever seemed like a good idea.
Maybe he was drunk, Erik thinks. Maybe he was so tired that he felt drunk. Maybe he was tired and drunk and Alex and Sean were being particularly infuriating that night and it’d been a moment of weakness. Whatever it was, he can’t take it back now, because there’s a man standing on his doorstep, suitcase in hand, and he’s smiling at Erik like Erik should know exactly who he is.
“Hello,” the man says in a crisp British accent. “My name is Charles Xavier. I’m your bride.”
- helens78: No Time Like The Present, No Time To Waste – X-Men: First Class (2011) [Archive of Our Own]:
The people here are kind of touchy-feely, which wigs Alex out a little. Raven is pretty, and likes to hug, but fortunately she’s all about the guy with the big brain and bigger feet, so, whatever. Sean is pretty much a puppy, he’ll snuggle up to anybody who’s nearby. Angel is comfortable with her body in a way that makes Alex kind of fidgety and kind of turned-on and really, really guilty, because man, where he’s been, people talk about girls like her, and Alex is going to be anything but one of those assholes.
And then there’s Armando, who’s lean and limber and adapts, and the way he touches people is like a message: he’s not afraid.